Saturday, March 21, 2009

My weakness

Assalamualaikum wbt

Alhamdulillah. Yesterday event was going well and smooth. Yesterday, PUO student visit Intel and we need to arrange some event for them. In that event I have responsibility to present some power point foil to them. I hope that my presentation will receive good feedback from everyone in that event. Honestly, I'm still feel that I'm not really good in the presentation skill. I need to improve it. Yes..You need to improve it. After that event, I just realized this is my weakness. I will listed it in my weakness coloumn for my achievement for this year. But how? I don't have an idea. What first step I need to take? Improve my english? But how? Take an english class? All this question still in my mind. Maybe some of you willing to help me? Really appreciated it. :)

I'm feel it's really bad. Actually this is first time, I volunteer to become presentor after 3 years 3 months I worked here. So a bit nervous. The presentation must talked in english and I'm not really good in english since in the school. During that time, all words was come out from my mouth was miserable. Really miserable. The words just come out after my mouth receive instruction from my brain. No vocabulary and grammar at all. I'm not sure what audien say in they mind. But I hope they can enjoy my presentation. huhu..

FYI, I'm not really willing or volunteer to do this presentation. Like I said in last entry. I misunderstanding the request from my supervisor in the meeting. I thought that I'm just coordinate but when I received mail from Bee Hoon. I'm really shocked. She asked me to present the foil that she sent to me. During that time, I feel like want to run. Run Zubaidah..run..run. In my mind say, Zubaidah you can't do it. Your english not really good. Your pronunciation is not good too. Really bad. I feel like want to reply her mail and inform her that I refuse to do it. But deeply in my heart says, Zubaidah you can't do like that. You will ruin your reputation. You need to take it and work hard for it. Yeah, I take it but I'm still feel really nervous and feel fear.

I'm not sure what audiens says after they saw how bad my presentation. It's really bad. From my observation, they face like want to laugh at me but they keep in they heart. huhu..Honestly I feel down. I feel like I'm the stupid person in that room. Everyone look at me like clown. Really embarasing you know. huhu..But luckily during that time, AG Tan not in the room. Only Azam come down to welcome all the student. If not I will feel really down and most nervous. FYI, AG Tan was our manager department. He's in the second top hierarchy in PDC. In my thinking says, it's ok Zubaidah, you will not see them again. haha.. So you will not feel embarased when you meet one of them personally.

My positive thinking says this 2 item. Firstly, it's ok Zubaidah, this is your first step. If not you will not realized it. Thanks to Bee Hoon, and Azam to give the opportunity and support to me during that time. Thanks to AG Tan too, since he trust on me. Really appreciated it. Secondly, I'm able to meet again my lecturer and my junior. Once I saw my lecterur, all the memories during my Poli, play in my eyes and my head. Sweet memories. The mostly I like, when my lecturer says, " Zubaidah you still same. Not change at all" haha.. In my head, why my lecterur not realized that I have a big body now. haha..Everyone told me that now that I'm bigger than before and he's the one not say like that to me. hehe..

BTW, I still enjoy the event. All the bad memories during my presentation, I will take it as a lesson for me. And the most one, I can enjoy the free food. haha.. We close the event with photo session. One of them, request to take photo with me. Just both us. During that time, I feel like someone appreciated me. hehe.. Peace.

Note 1: See I told you, I'm not good in english. I think primary student can read my essay. huhu..but I hope readers can give some comment and give some correction on the grammar so that I'm able to improve my english. hehe..Really apprecited it. :)

Note 2: I'm really missed my blog. It's has been 2 days I'm not updated my blog. huhu..

Note 3: Maybe some of you might think, why my latest entry I'm writing in english and as my point to involved in blog was to improve my Bahasa melayu essay. Actually I just want to test my english essay. During my school I always received lower mark for english essay. huhu..

Note 4: Actually I have a lot story but now I have to stop it since I need to fetch my husband at Butterworth station bus. Bye..continue later. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hai hari nie kakak aku wat karangan dlm bahasa london lah....hehehe

Alam Maya Mieda said...

sibok jek.. :P

idamurni said...

caiyok..caiyok!! ko memang dan patut bangga ngan diri ko beb! siti nurhaliza pun spaeking bm ats pentas bile dpt award kat oversea.

aku bangga sey ngan ko. kalo aku..entah entah tetibe je amik mc. kehkehkeh!!

Alam Maya Mieda said...

hehehe..time kasih ida murni..ko bg aku semangat.. :) ko pun kena follow aku jugak tau..hehe..